Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nora's Halloween Costume


I spent a couple more dollars than I wanted to spend, but I still did pretty well, I think. I had intended to keep it under ten bucks including shipping, but it ended up being about $10.19 in total. Believe it or not, it was a "Buy it Now" item, and I don't generally go for that ('cause it never seems to be a good deal). I was starting to see the writing on the wall, though: costumes weren't going to be getting any cheaper from here until Halloween. So, I think I lucked out here. Plus, look at how awesomely comfy this thing is: it's fleece (from Old Navy)!

I had my sights set on an elephant costume (also fleece from Old Navy and similar style), but I completely forgot that I was bidding on it. Someone outbid me, and it sold for, like, a total of eight bucks. (That also includes shipping, by the way.) So, that was a bummer.

Mind you, we don't intend to take Nora trick-or-treating. (It's not like she can have candy yet, anyway). Every year at work on Halloween, people dress up their kids and grandchildren and parade them through the office (and they do typically get candy, but Nora won't be needing any). I know for a fact that my office mates will be demanding to see her in some sort of fun getup. I will also dress her up in that when I hand out candy on Halloween. It'll be a nice, warm outfit for her so she can sit out there with me and smile at all the kids. So, she'll at least get to wear it twice.

I do have more stuff to share about the weekend. We went to Justin and Maggie's wedding (I have some pictures I need to upload), and we scored a dresser for free today (it needs some serious TLC). I intend to write about all that jazz either tomorrow or the next day. I do have photos to share, though, that's for sure!

In the meantime, I'm up way past my bedtime right now. (I got to sleep in today: Willi got up with Nora and took her to the grocery with him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment