Monday, March 22, 2010

Sick Babies, Sick Puppies, and Sweet Scores

I'd be in bed right now if it weren't for a cranky baby. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. What's awesome: I have a hardcore, complicated work day waiting for me tomorrow (and both of my kids seem to be sick and cranky right now).

While I'm sitting here, feeding my little rat, I am pondering a deep, philosophical question that has been nagging at me for awhile now.

Would you like to hear it? (No. That's not the question.)

Here it is.

Is my dog the only dog in the world that finds tissues and napkins (used or not) to be a delicacy?

Seriously?

(Okay. It's not really all that philosophical or deep, but you didn't walk away, did you?)

I think people have often wondered why we don't feed our dog the "top shelf" dog food (or, I think often times some wonder why we don't get worked up about what they put in dog food), and I think that this question answers those questions.

Heck. My yard answers those questions. I'm a bit irritated that 80% of the poo that is in my back yard is tissues and napkins in a poo-like shape. Most of that would've probably just dissolved on its own if it weren't for the fact that it is actually, like, trash. Now, I'm going to have to go out there and claw that bizness out of the dead grass (I could be really cute and just let my toddler and soon-to-be crawler tangle with it).

The dog actually climbs up onto our kitchen table (I've seen the claw evidence) to grab a clean, unused stack of napkins off of our table. He does this any (and every) time it's available—and always when we are out of sight.

It makes me want to throw things at him, or, at the very least, it makes me want to chase him with the vacuum cleaner.

In other news, we were in need of a twin mattress and box spring for Nora. Not only did we score one, but we also scored a second twin mattress and box spring: all for free! Sometimes, my Freecycle list is awesome. I'm fairly confident that these are Sealy mattresses, too (they look lightly used, and they don't look like anything gross or creepy happened on them). So, we win!

Final score:

Dog = 1 (weird obsession)
Kids = 2 (sick kids)
Willis & Jenny = 2 (mattresses and box spring sets)

Oh . . . well . . . I guess we didn't win, but we definitely didn't lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment