Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Sources of my Tiredness

At some point this morning, Nora managed to answer the phone before I even heard it ring. It was definitely someone from work. This is apparently how the conversation went down:

Nora: Hello?
Lady: Hi! Is your mom there?
Nora: Yes. She's upstairs.
Lady: Is she up there with Henry? (Luckily, this woman knows that I have kids and that I work from home.)
Nora: I don't know.
Lady: Can you get her for me?
Nora: Okay.

Then, Nora proceeded to come get me (and either forgot about it, or I didn't realize she was telling me that I had a phone call . . . or both). The phone was off the hook for a good portion of the morning after that.

If I could just get her to jot down some notes or something, we'd be money.

In other Nora news, she's making potty training progress. She's been wearing big girl underwear lately, and she's been dry! She's even been sleeping in her big girl bed (she's only had it for two days) in her underwear during nap time. She's woke up dry both times! Yesterday, she woke up from her nap crying, and when I went to get her she sobbed out, "I need to go potty!"

Last night, she slept in her big girl bed, and she definitely fell out of it once. It was sad. What's also sad is that as soon as I heard the thud, I didn't even have to wake up, fumble about, and figure out what it was—I leapt out of bed (from a deep sleep) and ran in to where she was. I said, "You fell out of your big girl bed."

She said (through tears and sobs), "Yeah."

I said, "You have to be careful now that you're in a big girl bed, honey." (What's weird is that I'm actually aware that she may not be able to control whether she stays in the bed. I don't really know why I said that. I guess it's just, like, automatic response or something.)

She goes, "Okay, Mommy."

Then, I laid with her for a few minutes to make sure she was okay, and then I said to her, "Mommy's going to go back to Mommy's bed now."

"Okay, Mommy. Goodnight."

Willis had no idea any of that happened with Nora. What's more: Henry woke up twice last night, too. So, I'm pretty tired today.

In Henry news, he has been scratching the ever-loving snot out of my neck and chest with his little claws. I trim those buggers, like, every other day, and the kid continues to shred me. It's killing me!

He's also teething and constantly starving right now. He's been doing baby food, and he wants more all the time! If he could yell words at me (he yells at me, mind you), he'd be yelling, "GET THIS FOOD INTO MY BELLY IMMEDIATELY!"

He even does this when he knows I'm about to nurse him—especially at night.

He knows what he wants, and he wants it ten minutes ago. Then, he wants a nap. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment