Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cute

This morning, I was snoozing a little while Nora was rocking on her hands and knees on the bed after Willi left for work. I was somewhere between asleep and awake, when I heard a door open in the house, and I heard a man shouting, "Hello!"

This scared the bejeepers out of me since mainly because I knew it couldn't be Willis, and I was still inappropriately dressed (and groggy) for facing visitors. Plus, there was the whole fear of, you know, being murdered and whatnot. So, I was traumatized for a few minutes while I tried to get my bearings, find some clothes to throw on over what I was already wearing, and try to locate a car outside to see who it was.

As I was looking, I saw Willi's car pull out of the driveway, and a few, short moments later, the phone rang. It was Willi (Caller ID), so I answered it with, "HOLY CRAP! Was that you?"

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I forgot my wedding ring. I take it off when I'm showering in the morning. I was almost half way to work, and I realized I didn't have it," he said.

"Are you serious? What: were you afraid people were going to think we're having problems or something?" I asked.

"No. I just take this very seriously," he said.

"Aww," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment