Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stupid Day

I went through the trouble of having Kelly watch Nora today while I had to run over to the doctor to get a booster shot from a round of shots I got about four weeks ago. I got to the doctor, waited in the waiting room, and then the nurse calls my name and says, "I need to talk to you," like I was in trouble or something. She proceeds to tell me that I'm supposed to wait six weeks instead of four weeks to get my shot. I stand there for a moment, trying to absorb what she is telling me, and I say, "So . . . wait. You mean I need to come back in two weeks from now?"

"Yes. We just looked up the recommendation, and it says six weeks instead of four."

"Oh. Okay," and then I leave.

In my mind, I'm saying, "Oh! Thanks, jerk. I should pull out this card and show you what you wrote on it: today's date. How about looking into that the next time I make an appointment?"

I was so irritated, I went ahead and canceled my other appointment I was supposed to have tomorrow with the doctor to discuss why I need an MRI on my wrist. No thanks, guys. No thanks. I'm pretty sure an MRI on my wrist isn't going to solve anything for me. It's not like I'd be willing to do surgery on it or anything like that right now. So, why bother? Dumb. I'll just go ahead and keep that office visit co-pay.

When I got home, I fed Nora and ate lunch, and then I put Nora down for a nap. She looked like she was going to sleep a good, long time, so I took it upon myself to attempt to get a bunch of stuff done around the house before getting back to work. By the time I went back to work, I discovered that my cable internet and phone were out. I spent the next couple of hours trying to get them back on. Once they were back on, I had a bit of a scare: my work computer wouldn't display anything on either of my monitors (which, by the way, it was a total blast unhooking my other monitor to hook it to my work computer). After shutting down, unplugging things, and restarting things several times, it finally just fixed itself. It was just so stupid. Stuff like this always happens when I am suddenly in high demand at work. It never fails. I could be cruising along for weeks with no problem (and no requests from anyone), and then, BAM! I get requests, and my cable internet goes out. I am sure they're probably thinking that I have issues with my internet all the time, but I seriously don't.

Nora did nap about three or so hours this afternoon, which was awesome and helpful. However, since she's been awake she's been a sad, little mess. What's sad: I just turned on the TV (out of desperation because I could not cheer up this kid), and she sat there, mesmerized. Now, she seems to be fine. I'm not sure I should be happy about that. I know kids her age aren't supposed to watch TV. She's not even watching anymore, but it's wild that it took that to get her to cheer up. Jeepers creepers.

Gah. I have laundry in the basement I forgot I was doing. Cripes. I think my file loaded for work, too. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment