Friday, September 5, 2008

Stupid

This morning, I planned to go to Randy and Kelly's to watch Marian while Kelly went to class. Because I couldn't carry the diaper bag, my purse, my breakfast, and Nora to the car at the same time, I took my purse and diaper bag to the car while Nora hung out in her hot rod. When I came back to gather Nora and my breakfast, it occurred to me, as I was not able to open the car door, that the button I hit to lock the windows (I decided on a whim that I should lock the windows so I don't accidentally roll the back ones down and pop off the sun blocks I put up on those windows) was actually the door lock.

My keys were definitely in my purse.

Luckily, I left my cell phone upstairs accidentally, and I had Kelly's number on it. I was able to call her with plenty of time for her to bring Marian to our house.

Good grief. I thought my mind would come back once I had Nora, but it's still gone. Completely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment