Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Things

  1. I took Nic's suggestion about giving Hobbes the treat after he comes in from being good outside. It worked the first two times I did it, and then after that, he started to get distracted outside again. Then, when we'd come inside, he wouldn't even notice that something was missing. I didn't know how to get him to realize that he had behaved poorly (besides saying "bad dog" when he was wandering off into the neighbor's yard), so I tried showing him the treat before he went outside again. Ever since, he's been doing really well (and if he starts to slip up, all I have to do is remind him that I am there by saying his name, and then he seems to remember that I have a treat). It's really weird. I swear this dog has object permanence. I'm just glad he's not peeing on himself again. If this stops working, I'll try just showing/giving him the treat at the end again.
  2. Nora is eight months old today!
Photobucket Image Hosting
I hope to get some better photos of her today. This photo was actually taken a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment