Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Think My Kid is Funny

I keep forgetting to put a list of Nora's new "things" that she's been doing on here. So, here it goes:
  • She does a silly, fake laugh that's straight from the belly. I have no idea where she got that.
  • She says "cookie" quite clearly, and she tries to say lots of other things that I say to her lately.
  • She stood up on the changing table without using anything to pull herself up this morning. The changing table has a contoured pad on it, too. That was the first time I had seen her do that. Coincidentally, she turned and put her little naked butt in my face. So, I think that may have been her motivation.
  • She does actually take a couple of steps now. She refuses to take more than that, though.
  • She's a professional stair climber. She can also go back down the stairs with no problem.
  • She likes to close doors a lot. In fact, there are doors in this house that I can't close for the life of me when I want to, and she's able to close them. Someone explain that one to me.
  • She woke up again last night, but I have a feeling that she woke up because her fever broke. She's been having a low grade fever all week. I think it's because she's teething. She's also got a bit of a cold (and so do I).
  • She's been doing better at naps lately, thank goodness.
  • She loves the dog, and she's so gentle with him. She just recently started fussing when he licks her face. I was glad to see that because that means that she is, indeed, my kid. I wouldn't stand for that either.
  • When she sneezes, she likes to make a silly face and noise afterwards (as if to prolong it). That reminds me of my brother, Jeremy. It reminds me of when he used to sneeze and say, "BLESS ME!" at the same time.
  • She still barks when the dog barks.
  • She likes to chase the kitty while saying, "kitty."
  • She likes to shriek now and then, and it sounds really girly.
  • She's started warming up to Daddy. She reaches for him and wants him now, and I think he likes that. I don't mind it, either (especially in the morning when I want to go back to sleep).
  • She does a funny, "I'm going to cry," face at me a lot. She squints her little eyes and purses her lips. It's quite funny, and when I laugh at her, she always cracks a smile. I'm not sure where she gets this, either.
Here are some pics of the little rat from this morning. She was seriously close to the TV while watching Charlie and Lola this morning. I don't let her do that often, but I thought it was pretty cute. I think it's the cutest show in the whole world.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Here's a video of Nora from lunch today.
I think she's pretty funny. She'll make a heck of a cool big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment