Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow Globin'

I don't have a lot to share (that isn't about my kid) except for the fact that we're snow globin'. It's days like this one (and what we're about to have tomorrow) that make spring all the more sweet when it finally gets here.

Speakin' of sweet:

Photobucket


I tried to catch her "reading." She always stops when I start recording her.



This is Nora doing some serious stair climbing. She's become quite the expert at this, and I wish I could catch her when she's shrieking about it like she usually is.



Nora likes Spoon. I think that's pretty cool.

This kid has become a serious climber. She's definitely not afraid of heights, but for some reason, she can't seem to get the courage to take a couple of steps to Willis or me. Silly girl. Maybe she's afraid Hobbes will take her out when she starts to take steps, and that's actually a valid concern. He thinks our "baby voice" is for him. Every. Single. Time. So, I blame him for her not walking. (Kidding. Mostly.)

She is stinking hilarious, too. I don't know if she's like that on purpose or not, but I am legitimately laughing at her, like, most of the day.

She has begun the testing process, I think. She has started doing things and looking at me with a smirk. I will usually go grab her and try to distract her, and then she does it all over again. I think she loves it when I come to get her, so she keeps doing it. I'm going to have to get a little smarter, apparently.

Speaking of distraction, I cannot distract this kid from anything! If she wants to do something, she will remember that she is doing it, by golly. I can pull her away and show her the shiniest, funnest toy, and two seconds later, she's back on the path to destruction again (right back where she was). As I'm typing this, I have been repeatedly pulling her off of our coffee table. I just pulled her off, and she's on her way back up there again. I'm obviously going to have to change scenery for her in a minute. That's about all I can do! (I guess we know she doesn't have A.D.D.—she's rather focused.)

Okay. I need to go. She's workin' me.

No comments:

Post a Comment