Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wiped Out

Good grief. I've been fairly busy around here. Last week, work was fairly stressful, but this week, it's lightening up a bit. Over the weekend, we went to visit the grandparents (well, Nora's grandparents). When we got home after church on Sunday, we were just wiped out. All three of us.

Nora's been napping well for me ever since we got back, actually. Today, she even took two naps (in fact, she's still asleep at the moment). I think she has a bit of a fever, though. So, that probably explains it. She was fairly cranky today, but she otherwise has mostly been sleeping. Poor kid.


I did manage to get over to yoga at church last night thanks to Kelly watching Nora for me. Willis was in Chicago all evening for work, and he didn't get back until about 11 p.m. last night. Next week, he'll be gone overnight from Monday to Tuesday for work, and this time, he'll be in Pittsburgh. Oi. It's going to be a busy couple of months for him at work. It might be a busy couple of months for me, too. Possibly.

I have been utterly freezing today. I'm not sure what's up with that. I have a few layers on, so one would think that'd help a bit. It's the same temperature in this place that it always is. So, I'm kind-of afraid that I may be coming down with something, too.

I know I came down with the clumsies this week. I broke my quesadilla maker on Sunday evening. I just dropped it on the floor (there was a cord-confusion mishap). The next day, I dropped my favorite drinking glass into the sink and broke that, too. It was quite the smashing streak. It's amazing: I didn't even get misty when I broke these things (and I've been known to get a little misty when I break stuff). I am either coming to terms with my clumsiness, or . . . well . . . crap. I have no idea what else it could be.
Our downstairs toilet is getting replaced on Friday. I'm quite ecstatic about that. Our bathrooms will finally, officially be done!

Here's, yet, another random side note. I absolutely love that T-Mobile commercial where the dad comes in and says, "Hey, gang," and then he says a bunch of stuff about a T-Mobile call plan so that they can call whoever they want. Then his wife goes, "like Vivian," and his son goes, "and Skinny Pete."

Then, the younger boy goes, "and you can call that lady at my soccer games that you always stare at."

The dad's face is hilarious at that moment (and then just seconds later, he goes on to deal with his daughter and the "no Dereks with moustaches clause"). It's the only commercial I've seen in awhile that makes me laugh every single time I watch it. It literally tickles me. Almost.

In other news, I do have some photos and a video from the weekend to share. Enjoy.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
 
Photobucket Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment