Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!

Here it is! This, again, is courtesy of Sara via Whispering Writer. That's right. I finally did my homework on this and am giving credit to all the places it is supposed to go.

Hey, It's Okay . . .

. . . to want to be Tina Fey when I am forty. (Forty is also known as, "When I grow up.")

. . . to not really care if people don't understand why you don't have a strong desire to go places and be awesome (especially on three-day weekends).

. . . to recognize that happiness pivots on how we handle not having things "our way." (I know. That was probably a bit more complex than you were hoping for on this fine Tuesday. I've been visiting that line of thought a lot with my toddler/preschooler.)

. . . to have a secret crush (or not so secret crush—sorry, Willi) on Jon Hamm because he can be the scathing, mysterious Donald Draper and be hilarious on SNL and 30 Rock. That is neat.

. . . to not understand the fascination with the phrase, "hot mess." (It sounds like diarrhea, people. Think about it.)

. . . to be the only person that can prevent your kid's tantrums because you understand her weird OCD tendency to need her penguin to sit properly atop a pair of pink Crocs in plain sight of the dinner table just prior to dinner. I'm pretty sure that's the whole "first born" and "functional first born" thing. (Oh, yes. I am still reading about birth order.)

. . . to love your kid, but really, really, really wish that he'd sleep more than just a couple of hours at a time during the night.

. . . to love your kid, but really, really, really wish that he'd at least take a legitimate nap during the day, too.

. . . to want to make a page on Facebook for people to "like" that is called, "I like to 'like' things." I bet I could more people to "like" it than they like that pickle (which is more than Nickleback, apparently). Unfortunately, this page probably already exists, absurd as it would be.

1 comment:

  1. I have a super non-secret crush on Floyd.I hate that he's marrying a vapid, blonde aerobics instructor.

    ReplyDelete