Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quick Bits

I just grabbed Henry out of his bed. Nora had heard him waking up, and she went in there to greet him. He was completely happy when I got there, and when I picked him up, he made a hilarious giggle/shudder of excitement. I had never heard that before. So stinking funny!

Henry's stats from his nine month doctor appointment are in! Here they are:
29 inches in length
19 pounds, 10 ounces
48 centimeter circumference on his noggin



Nora got to play with some kittens at my parents' farm this past weekend. Just after she woke up from her nap today, she went downstairs and got very quiet. Naturally, this creeped me out, so I went to see what she was doing. I came into the kitchen to find her pretending that her big Mickey Mouse was a "mother" and the two Beanie Baby dogs that she has were "babies."

She saw me standing there, and she was holding one of her "baby" dogs ever-so-carefully. She said, "Do you want to hold him, Mommy? Hold him straight, be gentle, and don't squish him!"


Maybe this is where she got that idea? :)



Willi's and my fifth wedding anniversary is this week (the 11th), and we were emailing back and forth today to plan out when we want to go to our favorite watering hole. He told me something that you really can't make up (which actually has nothing to do with our anniversary or our planning), and I felt that I should share it with the world.

"By the way, the Thursday Artist Portrait is a double feature tomorrow. Steely Dan and Bruce Springsteen."

(The radio station they listen to at work is a Chicago classic rock station, and they feature specific artists on Thursdays. Sometimes, it can be bad. Really, really bad.)



There is more to share about life, but it's going to have to wait until I have either more sleep or more time. One of those would work. I don't need both, really. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment