Friday, June 11, 2010

The Stuff I Had Previously Not Mentioned

On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to go to a White Sox game. We were pretty excited, and we took the kids with us. We did a little dinner/tailgate party of our own in the parking lot outside U.S. Cellular Field. Even though it rained, we still managed to have a pretty decent time.


Nora and Henry in the back of the car . . . eating.


That's where we were!


Tailgating!


Cheeser.


Fighting over the drawing pad.


Nora playing with chip clips.


I don't think I have any pictures of just Henry that aren't blurry.


Nora in her Purdue outfit (thanks Grandma)!


She was being goofy and social.


She wanted the camera.


She took this picture.


And this.


And this. Impressive, no?


And that one.


Hammin'.


Nora and Willi in front of the phantom Chicago.


Spooky.


Blurry Henry.


Due to her Purdue garb, she got lots of high fives from people.


She made lots of friends.


The game!


We only made it through, like, an inning and a half before the kids turned into pumpkins.


It was fun while it lasted, and the seats were sweet!


I tried.


Nora and Willi.


Trying to watch the game . . .


Nora's photography.


She got me.


I think that is a foot . . . in the bathroom.


Fabric closeup.


I don't really know why she has a dark side in this picture.

In other news, Henry not only had his 9 month checkup on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, I also had to take him into the hospital for a CT scan. The doctor felt the lump he had on the back of his head (he's had one for a good while), and suggested we get him in for a scan. My brother had a similar lump on his head when he was little, and the doctors actually removed it. His lump turned out to be benign, but my brother still has some issues because of that whole thing (they removed part of his skull and the trauma may have caused his Diabetes Insipidus). When I told our doctor that story, he didn't seem to be terribly worried about Henry's lump, but he said it would be smart to get it checked out anyway. I agreed with that. I was glad he wasn't like, "CUT HIM OPEN, NOW!"

I got the results from the doctor today, and it turns out that the scan was clear! Thank God. I can relax now.

So, yeah. It's been a helluva week.

In other news, the weather is eerily like it was on this day five years ago. I'm so glad I'm not driving anywhere today. However, if I had to do it all again, I would. All of it . . .



. . . even the falling down the stairs part.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment