Friday, April 24, 2009

Gotta Love It When They're Napping

As I am typing this, Nora is still napping. She went down at about 1:30 p.m. (after a nice, cool bath to soothe her after that hot playground visit), and she's still snoozin'. That's a good, long nap (almost three hours). I had a chance to actually get some work in and blog.
 
Here are some photos from the park today (the one of her appearing to pose with a random dude is just as random as it looks: the guy was laying in the slide, and she found him amusing. When he sat up to address her, she started to walk away, and that's where that picture happened). I think Nora might have been too tired once we actually started to "play," so I'm looking forward to going back there when she's wide awake. Plus, her sunscreen was running into her eye (it was actually quite hot out, and she was sweating like madness). In some of these pics, you can tell that she's a bit puffy on the right side of her face. Poor girl. The park was really neat, though. I had seen the place before Willis and I had kids, but I didn't realize how extensive and amazing it is (and I didn't get very many pictures of the actual playground, so I really am not doing it any justice).
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  
I put pigtails in Nora's hair for the first time ever (I did some on top of her head awhile back, but now, her hair is actually long enough to do real pigtails). Those are in the photos as well.
 
The last pic is from last night after Nora went to bed. I always go in there to see how she's sleeping before I go to bed, and last night, it was just a little bit too cute to not snap a photo.
 
In other news, we have moved directly from Winter into Summer. So, there's that. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it. I think I might be a bit irritated, honestly, but whatever. It's finally warm enough to go outside. I just fear that in a few days, it'll be too hot to go outside. Can't always get what'cha want, though, I guess. Ain't it the truth?
 
Ooh! I hear Nora chatting in her crib now. So, she's finally awake. It sounds like she's in a good mood, too!
 
Tonight, Willi and I are making a tasty feast. I'm doing a recipe that came to my attention from a blog post by my friend, Slaney. I'm making a roasted red pepper sauce with some fun noodles, and Willis is going to grill some chicken to have on the side (we've gotta have some meat in there somewhere). It should be fun!
 
Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment