Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shh Shh Shh . . . Shh Shh Shh . . . Shh Shh Shh

Good grief. A lot has been going on around here, but I'll spare you the details. I'll just say that last week, we had a river in our basement (and this week, too, actually), and the "reliable car" was in the shop for three days in a row. We did a serious, hardcore mileage, whirlwind trip over the weekend, too, to see some family for Easter. We're all still recovering from that (and we got home Saturday evening).

Oh, and last Friday, I had an OB appointment, and I discovered that the elevator is still out of order. That office is on the third floor. Not only did I have my huge self to lug up there, but I also had Nora, my purse, and her diaper bag of entertainment. I was not pleased. They'd better get that fixed before I (and Nora) get much bigger. That is maddening.

I didn't really get a chance to pay attention during that appointment 'cause Nora bit it while trying to climb up the examination table. The main thing I remember is that "everything is just fine."

By the way, the ultrasound is scheduled for April 20th (a Monday afternoon).

Nora had her 15 month checkup on Monday. She clocked in at a mere 30 and three-quarters inches and 22 pounds and two ounces. So, she's growin' right along. I barely remembered that she had an appointment that morning (it was at 10 a.m., and I remembered at 9 a.m.).

In other news, Nora has been doing some hilarious stuff lately. I noticed the other day that she "blows" on her food with me when I blow on her food to cool it off before I serve it to her. We read and sing the book Wheels on the Bus together, and her favorite part (and she always goes back to those pages and makes the noise) is the part where it goes, "The parents on the bus go, 'Shh shh shh . . . shh shh shh . . . shh shh shh.'"

I sing a song with her that is from my cousin's kids' album, and it goes, "One, two, three, four, five fingers on my left hand. One, two, three, four, five fingers on my right hand. One, two, three, four, five. Six, seven, eight, nine, ten. All together now."

Well, you get the idea. Anyway, whenever I sing it to her, I always count on my fingers, and she always lifts up her hands and tries to count on her fingers, too.

She loves to call her daddy on my office phone—to the point where I have to seriously try to destract her for most of the day while she whines and whines to call him. Part of it is that she wants to touch the buttons, I think.

She loves music, and she dances to it anytime she hears it—even if she's sitting in a cart at the grocery store.

She loves baths. In fact, she loves them so much, she was bolting to the bathtub last week (in the nude), and she tripped and fell and got a big, fat lip. It was pretty sad.

She's been wiping out a lot lately, actually. (That's not so funny.)

As I'm typing this, she's sitting behind me with Wheels on the Bus, and she's doing the, "Shhh . . . shhh" noise.

She makes a mad face that is hilarious, too. I think I captured it in a couple of photos in the previous post.

She loves to brush her teeth.

That's all I can remember for now! This kid is saying a few words, but she's not got an extraordinary vocabulary or anything. I do know that she knows a lot more words than she can say. She always knows what I'm talking about, it seems. She also does some inconsistent sign language for "all done" and "more."

We're havin' fun over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment