Monday, April 20, 2009

Quick Update on Three More Things

Firstly, we have been ridiculously sick over here in the Brown house. Nora, Willis, and I came down with some sort of nasty death cold last week, and we are all still trying to rid ourselves of it. It's seriously the worst cold I've had in a really, really long time, and the timing couldn't be worse: it was finally nice outside last weekend. We couldn't quite fully enjoy the lovely weather when all we wanted to do was lay down on the couch and moan.

Secondly, I fixed our gutter drainage issue on Saturday. I picked up some new corrugated pipe and some adapters (it may or may not have taken three trips to the hardware store to get everything I needed in the end), and I made sure that everything was draining properly (according to gravity and whatnots) into the pipe that runs down into the lower yard behind our house. Since then, our basement hasn't had near the water leakage (and it has been raining). There's still some, but it's nothing like the four gallons I sucked up with the shop vac about a week ago today. It's not even making it to the floor (it's just on our Michigan basement ledge). So, we still have to seal the basement in that corner, but it doesn't seem nearly as terrible a task now. What can I say? I'm a handyman.

Thirdly, it was my computer monitor that crapped out on my work computer last Wednesday. So, once I got a new, sweet monitor, everything was hunky dory again. Thank God.

Bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment