Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Best Laid Plans . . .

My work computer was working just fine this morning when I turned it on the first time. Then, it told me that it had installed an automatic update, and it needed to restart. So, I did.

Crap.

Now, it won't start. The computer is on, but nothing is happening. My monitor is acting as if it's not even plugged in to a computer (and yes, I have checked the connection).

I tried unplugging everything and shutting down power strips. I reset my modem and my router (not that I thought those two latter things would help). I, in fact, shut everything down and unplugged things a couple of times. I let them sit off for awhile, too.

I couldn't try to use my personal monitor on my work computer because apparently, there are no connections on my work computer that fit the plug for my personal monitor. So, I guess I'm SOL today.

What's more: we took the Chevy into the shop this morning (it's on our block). So, Willi has the "reliable car" that has Nora's car seat in it. I can't even drive the computer over to the office to take care of this today like I normally would (and have done before). I have to lose a day of work, I guess. We have a deadline on Friday, too, and I have a feeling we're going to blow right by it at this point. My boss's computer has been out all week as well, so we haven't gotten as much done as we should have by now for our deadline.

Good stuff. I don't know what it is lately, but I guess life has to be interesting. Maybe it's Mother Nature's way of distracting me from the injustice that she's bestowed upon us this Spring season. I don't know. Today, however, I think she's foiled herself: it looks like I'll have time to notice how crappy it is out there (not that I'm going to get out in it or anything). (It's actually a bit warmer out today than it has been, but it's still not the "balmy" I've been hoping for.)

I guess I should probably be positive about this and be productive in other areas of life today. Maybe I'll play with my kid more than usual. Maybe I'll clean the house for once. Maybe I'll do both. The possibilities are endless.

In the meantime, Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment