Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oof.

Well, the bad news is that the contractors aren't coming until Thursday. Floyd called me this morning and said, "Would it inconvenience you if we didn't come in until Thursday?"

I said, "Yeah. It would a little bit, but I suppose it's nothing I can't handle. What? Do you have another project going on or something?"

He said, "Well . . . I actually have a bunch of personal stuff going on."

He went on to list several things that are happening along with their helper's (Bobby) van breaking down and needing a radiator (and it sounded like they were going to be installing that for him). After hearing all that, I couldn't rightly say, "No. Get in here and finish my bathrooms."

What can you do? Nothin'. That's what.

He'll get 'em done, though, and I've long-since resigned to the fact that they won't be done when I want them done (before Thanksgiving). I just want to make sure he does a good job, and so far, he's doing a great job.

The good news, however, is that my work computer is fine. I now have an external hard drive as well. So, that rocks.

I had packed a diaper bag to take to Portage with us (Nora and me), and I definitely left it in the mud room as I was leaving. Nora soaked through her pants, and I didn't have anything with me to change her. So, she rode home in some awesome, soggy pants. She didn't seem to mind, but I did. I hate it when I forget stuff. I guess I'm a little preoccupied right now.

I started trying to dust upstairs a bit today since I could see where my work computer used to sit when I went to put it back together. It's pretty gross up here, but it's a little bit better now.

The other good news is that Willi is back to work today. I don't know if that means he feels better, but he at least looked like he felt better this morning when I saw him at home and then a little later when I saw him at work.

Alright. I've got lots to do. Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment