Friday, December 19, 2008

Stir Crazy

Today was supposed to be the day that I join my Marketing Department coworkers for a lovely holiday lunch. Nora would be coming with me, of course, and I was really looking forward to getting out of the house. I was also looking forward to our bathrooms getting very nearly wrapped up, too.

Unfortunately, neither of those things are happening today. We had a lovely four-seasonal storm last night. There was thunder. There was lightning. There was rain. There was snow. Today, there's ice.

So, the contractors aren't here, and neither is my all-wheel-drive vehicle with Nora's plush car seat. Currently, I'm watching a file upload to the server for work, and I can't think of anything else in life that makes time move more slowly than a progress bar.

I can't really do much else for work until that uploads (everything lags massively when I try to work while uploading files). So, I'm just sitting here wondering about what I should do today. My house is absolutely filthy and disgusting, and I really, really need to clean it. I don't want to, though. Plus, it's really hard to clean a completely filthy house when I have no place to put a kid (to be in the same room with me) while I clean. This is going to take about a full eight hours, too. I'm fairly certain of that. I'm talking about washing curtains, dusting every nook and cranny, probably cleaning windows, wiping walls (potentially), and sweeping and scrubbing the floors. This is why I was seriously thinking about getting help for all of this. Construction dust is hardcore, and it's everywhere. I'm so tired of Nora coming up absolutely filthy every time she crawls across the floor. So tired.

Is it sad that I was super thrilled that I got out for about an hour and a half yesterday? You know where I went (well, Nora and me)? I went to Von Tobel in Valparaiso to pick up a bathroom fan/heat lamp/light, and then I picked up a toilet seat at Ace Hardware on my way back to the house. Isn't that riveting? I realized how glad I am that I don't live in Valpo, too, so that was nice.

Bah. See? Stir crazy.

I'm so glad we're going to Jerm's for Christmas tomorrow. I'm going to be so glad to look at anything other than these four walls and two computer monitors for awhile. I'm also going to be so glad to wear a regular shirt instead of a hoodie.

I don't know how the dog and cat do it. They seem so happy to rarely leave the house. Maybe if I napped for most of the day like they do, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment