Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post-Christmas Lazies

Well, I suppose it's time to face it. Christmas Day has come and gone already. So has the weekend. Sure, we still have a few hours left, but I always get a little sad when it starts to get dark on a Sunday afternoon.

I could be on the road right now. Some good girl pals of mine are getting together in Greenwood for dinner, and Nora and I were invited to come. However, I realized how irresponsible it would be for me to plop Nora in a car seat for six hours in order for me to have about two hours of good times. So, I must pine for the next time I might get to see my good lady friends. (Sigh.)

Since I'm hanging about the house with Willis and Nora (we did go to church this morning), I had time to go through Christmas items and put them away. I put some batteries in one of Nora's new toys (many of her awesome new toys require batteries—and typically threebatteries at a time). I also started doing some laundry. Soon, I plan to take the other portion of our screen door to Ace to get repaired because it definitely blew off of the door and shattered all over the place last night. (We had some serious winds here.) I've also been playing a bit with the new camera. I am really liking it. Check out what I captured today:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket 
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





By the way, Nora is taking a glorious nap this afternoon. She's been asleep for about two hours already. This is how I've been able to get so much accomplished today (besides having Willis here to help corral her). She's a good little rascal.

We've got a lot to be thankful for, and I always love this time of year because it always comes rushing back to me. I try to remember it always, of course, but there's nothing like Christmas to get me all warm, fuzzy, and reflective on how ridiculously blessed I've been in life. It really is a magical time of year.

And now, it's time to go be some more lazy. Happy Post-Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment